Sometimes we should allow ourselves to indulge in high calorie foods, for such times this dish would be good choice. As with any marinated dishes, the longer the marination time the better the flavour infused in the chicken. It tastes fantastic when served hot, with dip or sauce of choice, or one could eat it as it is. I would anytime prefer the homemade version of fried chicken compared to the one sold at the fast food outlets.
Chicken thighs-4 pieces
Refined flour/ Maida-2 Tbsp
Corn flour-1 Tbsp
Breadcrumbs- 1 Bowl (use as much needed)
Salt- To taste
Sauces for marination of chicken-Worcestershire and Tabasco Sauce (/chilli) -2 Tsp each.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken thigh pieces.
- Mix Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco (chili) sauce and coat the chicken pieces with this marinade. Keep it in the fridge for 60 min or so. (Skip keeping in fridge if short of time.)
- Beat an egg, add salt, pepper, refined flour and corn flour, and make a medium thick batter to coat the chicken pieces. (chilli flakes/chilli sauce can be added to the batter if preferred.)
- Dip the chicken thigh pieces in the batter.
- Take the breadcrumbs in a plate. Cover the batter dipped chicken thigh pieces with the breadcrumbs.
- Press the breadcrumbs on the chicken firmly so that they stick to the batter coated chicken.
- Heat oil for deep frying the chicken pieces. Fry the breadcrumb coated chicken in hot oil for a minute or so and then reduce the gas flame to medium heat and complete the frying process. Ensure the chicken gets cooked without the outer coating getting burnt.
- Serve the hot fried chicken with chilli sauce or tomato sauce.
You must be logged in to post a comment.