Tomato chutney is one of the easiest and tastiest side dishes that goes well with any form of parathas, be it plain paratha or the numerous stuffed parathas that one can think of or few rice preparations like masala khichadi. It is my son’s favourite chutney and hence a frequently made recipe. It goes well my Baked Thalipeeth recipe too, the post where I have shared this same dip.
Red Tomatoes: 2 Large
Onion: 1 Small
Green Chillies: 2 0r 3(spicy variety)
Salt/Red chilli Powder/Turmeric-As per taste
Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp for seasoning.
Sugar-1 tsp (optional, I do not add.)
- Heat oil in pan and add the mustard seeds, chopped green chillies, garlic and onion. Sauté till they are soft.
- Then add the red chilli powder, turmeric, and salt.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till done.
- Remove from heat into a bowl and cool.
- Blend this in blender to get the smooth dip.
Tip: If one does not wish to use a blender or mixer, then you can add a little water to the tomatoes and cook them to a very soft and saucy consistency.