It had been almost a month with no cake baking since the Marble cake post, hence the foodie in me was constantly sending reminders to bake something sweet. This was all way back early November. I did bake, but then home tour happened resulting in delay in writing and publishing the post. Therefore before I totally forget about it, here I post the Almond Trutti Frutti Raisin cake. With the Xmas season approaching, a favourite time for cakes, I baked another of the dried fruit soaked in coffee liqueur cakes on 14th, well that would be a future post as I did not take all the step-wise pictures while making it.
During one of my shopping Mall visits I happened to come across a mini loaf cake tin, liked it, and it got added to my cake tins collection. I am sure many of you too must have done something similar sometime. This time I used this tin to make a couple mini loafs from the cake batter instead of one big cake. The individual loafs were a delight to the eyes, delicious and enjoyed to the last morsel with hot cups of spiced tea.
Back home we get sliced trutti frutti cakes, they were always part of the school annual sports day food packet. Slices from these mini loafs brought back the old memories.
Lets get baking these Almond Trutti Frutti Raisin mini loafs.
Sliced Almonds: 50gm
Trutti Frutti: 50gm
Eggs: 3-Medium range
Sugar: 175 gm
Refined Flour: 225 gm
Butter: 200 gm
Vanilla Essence: 1Tsp
Milk: 50 ml
Baking Powder: 1Tsp
Note: The dried fruits can be adjusted according to one’s preference.
- Assemble all the ingredients together, they should be at room temperature. The cake tin should be greased with butter and kept ready to use. The oven should be pre-heated to 170 deg C, fan assisted.
- Beat the butter soft.
- Add ground sugar to the soft butter and beat well.
- Add one egg at a time and beat the mixture with a hand blender or spatula.
- Fold in the baking powder mixed refined flour into the batter and add the milk along while mixing the batter. Add all the raisins, trutti frutti and some part of the sliced almonds to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin using a spoon or spatula. Tap the tin so that the batter is even and flat in each loaf tin and then cover the top of the batter with the remaining sliced Almonds.
- Insert the tin in the preheated oven and bake for 45 min or until a needle inserted into the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the mini loafs in the tin and later place on a wire rack.Make your tea time special with these mini loaf cakes. Serve them as it is or cut them into thin slices.